88 Accord (auto/Carb)

Hello,

I have a 88 Accord (auto/carb). It intermittently has a problem idling back down to normal after starting it up. In a past email message, someone stated its common for this problem to be caused by faulty Frequency Valve C. Does anyone know if its pretty straight forward to replace? What price I'm I looking at to purchase this valve? I know the emissions on this car looks pretty complex to troubleshoot. I'd rather just replace it if its fairly inexpensive due to its age etc.

Thanks,

Terry

Reply to
Gabbie

Hi! Sounds just like my 87 Accord (manual/carb). When not *fully* warmed up, RPMs spike to 3,500 - 4,000 and they won't come down until the car's totally warmed up. This is especially bad when the thermostat has *just* opened and I step on the clutch to change gears. There's nothing like driving in second gear at 4,000 RPMs - but it does help the car warm-up faster but my gas mileage is taking a hit....*vbg*

Did you get any solutions?

Thanks.

Ken

Reply to
KenA

Hello Ken,

No, but I did see an email which indicated a possible faulty Frequency Valve C. I haven't looked in the manual on what it takes to change it out or how to locate it. I thought maybe I could get some insight before giving it a try. I would expect someone already has performed this and probably would have some words of wisdom which would probably save me tons of time if I pursue it .

Let me know if you come across any information. Sometimes it idles back down ok but most of the time in the colder months it always remains to high. I usualy end up turning the AC on to get it down so I don't mess up the trans.

Gateway

KenA wrote:

Reply to
gateway via CarKB.com