88 accord automatic choke info

Does anyone have a circuit diagram concerning the automatic choke? The choke barely opens and causes 3k rpm idle.
Thanks in advance Rudy

Rudolf Hausdorf wrote:

The OE choke cap has a ring shaped paper gasket between it and the carburetor body. These paper gaskets have an annoying tendency to collapse and get drawn inward to the point where they interfere with the operation of the choke, i.e., they begin to interfere with the movement of the bimetal spring inside the choke cap. Before you spend a lot of time trying to diagnose the choke, make sure that the gasket is ok. It should be visible all the way around the choke cap between the choke cap and the carburetor body. It it's not and there's a visible gap, then the gasket will need to be replaced. If the choke has never been worked on before, then the factory rivets holding it to the carburetor body will need to be drilled out. If this is the case, then be sure to cover the carburetor to prevent metal chips from getting into the engine.
Eric
The choke is not capable of raising the rpm that high. What is probably happening is Frequency Solenoid Valve C is not supplying, or delaying, the engine vacuum needed to allow the throttle to close beyond its Start position.
My workaround was to route the throttle positioner hose to the vacuum test port, where it receives vacuum at all times.
I do have a shop manual, and am located in Cedar Mill. The two responses sound very informative. I will be looking at my carburetor.