88 Accord won't idle, and stalls when warm

My 88 Accord, with automatic transmission and carburator and no AC, won't idle after it is warmed up and it stalls unless I keep my foot slightly on the gas peddle durring a traffic light. It was like this all durring the summer months.

Otherwise, the car runs fine and with good power at normal speed.

I'm sure that the mixture is too lean durring idle, because if I spray some carb cleaner directly into the air cleaner when it is struggling to idle, the engine speeds back up to normal idle and beyond. This indicates that it is getting too much air durring idle.

And, I did check for vacume leaks by spraying the same carb cleaner down under the air cleaner to see if the engine speeds up . It did not. So. no vacume leaks, and carburator base plate probably o.k. too.

But here is a hint. The temperture dropped just a few degrees this week. We had our first light rain and we now have the highs of 65 instead of 75 or higher. And, the car now idles good.

So, please tell me what is going wrong ? Upon reading through some threads I see that people had discussions pertaining to PCV valves, EGR valve, IAC (idle air control) or sometimes called EAC ?, and Oxygen sensor.

I would like to fix this thing myself.

Reply to
DavidMcLau

| So, please tell me what is going wrong ?

TE Chea