88 Honda Accord high idle problem

Page 2 of 2
I am curious as to what your mechanic said. My daughter also has an 88 Honda Accord with what sounds like the same issues. In fact her car is sitting
because she is affraid the car will stall in the middle of a busy place with her daughter in the car (not so good). We took the car to a mechanic and he was not able to locate a problem as sometimes the car runs just fine. But since then she has had a couple more incidents and is just too anxious to drive it. So before we take it to another mechanic we would like to hear what happened with yours.
Thanks in advance. Chris
Steve-88-Honda-Accord wrote:

The problem was an electrical fault with the high idle switch on the carb. He had to remove it and put a b new one on--not easy because it was not attched with regular screws but really attached to the carb, But my mechanic is great so he figured it out and saved the cost of a whole new or used carb. Only cost me 150.00 but that was a sweet deal betcha it will cost more elsewhere.