88' Honda Accord Lx

Having trouble, while driving the engine will start slowing down, and it starts bumping and will not accelerate. Its like the engine is pulling itself down and the gas is not getting to it. And it will go dead sometime, but it cranks right up. If anyone has any ideas let me know. But it is intermittant and doesn't do it all of the time. Everytime I take it repairman it won't do it, and after I leave it starts again.

Reply to
Venell

Is this a carburated engine (NO fuel injection)?? If so, check and make sure the stove pipe between the exhust manifold and the air cleaner is in place and is not ripped, also check that the inlet air control door inside the air cleaner operates. HTH JerryR

Reply to
yjrybano2spam

If you shut if off, does it start back up and run fine for about 15 minutes? Those were my symptoms, and a new fuel pump solved the problem.

Reply to
Misterbeets

Yes it is a carbarurated engine, I checked the pipe between and it was not connected, I put it back on and I checked inlet door inside and it is working fine. I drove it for a little while and it surged once. I will have to see if it does it again tomorrow. Thank you

Reply to
Venell

I'm waiting to see, I drove this morning and it did the surging all the way to work, and this afternoon it didn't do it at all. It was in the shop all day Friday and they couldn't find what it is or get it to surge, but as soon as I got down the road it started again.

Reply to
Venell