88 Honda Accords

engine will run on after shutting off. I have the shop manual for it and am able to do most diagnotics and repairs myself. But shop manual does npt give a full discription of carborater opperations from
cold start to opperating temp to by able to locate the problem with all the vaccuum lives, silanoides and such on my car. CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE