88 PGMFI accessing PCV tube at crankcase?

I disconnected the PCV Valve tube from the PCV Valve and cannot detect any air flow so I think the tube may be blocked. Does this sound reasonable?
I want to clean the tube by removing it and knocking any debris out of it but I can't unfasten the tube from the crankcase. By sliding my hand under the (I don't know what they're called but the silver branches coming from the fuel injector to the crankcase) I can just barely touch the fastener with a finger after I remove some other tube/wire mounts. The fastener looks like a band of steal 3/8ths wide and I can feel two prongs(one thin and one wide) on the underside of the fastener about 1/4 inch apart.
Can someone please tell me how to access and remove this item?
thanks a lot Eric