89 Honda Revs and Shuts off UPDATE!!!!!

1989 Honda Accord 5 speed, 2.0
Car will start and run for about 5 seconds at 3000 RPM and then shut down. It will do this EVERY time I fire up the car. The engine seems to sound
fine.
Checked for vacuum leaks and the like, but can't figure this one out....
Anybody wanna buy a Honda?
Add pictures here
âś–

Do you have a carburetor?
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–
Yes the car is carburated.

Add pictures here
âś–

Next time you try to start and the car starts then dies. immediately have a look at the float bowl sight glass. Is the bowl dry? If not...
If it's not, check out the float bowl vent seal. If it sticks shut, vacuum will form in the float bowl. This will allow the car to start, but then it will stall once vacuum is built up in the float bowl.
--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
âś–

Now,on another post,you said it sometimes runs normally.Then other times,you had to keep a foot on the gas pedal to keep it running. It seems to me that the throttle HAS to be open farther than idle for it to reach 3K rpms.(fuel-injected or carb.) Perhaps it's sticking? set wrong? It's not going to hit 3000 rpm closed.(to idle position.) That's a lot of air for a leak.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik