'89 Prelude Si to '05 Accord LX

Ok, made the jump yesterday - picked up an '05 Accord LX. Coming from an old '89 Prelude Si, I think I miss driving the Prelude already! But it's nice to have working a/c again although I'll miss the sunroof :-( Will also sorely miss the handling of the 'ol Prelude! Starting to feel like an old fart already....

I asked the salesguy about the break-in oil I've read so much about on here. He had to check with a mechanic and called me back today - said the oil that comes with it is regular oil with additives! They no longer use break-in oil, and to have the first oil change just like the others. Anyone heard this one before?

Anyway the Accord is a nice car but just big. Keep thinking I should have gone for the Civic EX - but it was underpowered and the Si was ugly, IMHO. Mazda 3 w/2.3 engine was nice - but Mazda reliability scared me, along with the below average dealerships I went to. Amazing how each Mazda dealership would not negotiate the price of the 3 because they were selling like "hotcakes", yet - they still had NEW '04 models on their lots! Amazing...

To keep from feeling like an old fart - I picked up the Accord in a 5-speed. I'm sure it'll be a pain to try and sell later on, but at least I'll enjoy driving it in the meantime!

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Leave the oil in untill first oil change. 5000 mi.the oil has special additives to help your Honda live as long as the old one did. Scott

Reply to
zonie

Yep - we're old farts. Apparently break-in oil went out sometime in the last couple decades with improvements in engine manufacturing techniques. The

200K mile engines we have now don't need all the friction fitting.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee