90-91 L3 Trans

Hello all, Have to replace the trans in my 90 civic dx. I have looked at a few used ones and have noticed they are all L3's. I was wondering what the #s following the L3 mean? I have one that's a 202, a 203 and a 137. Theres more #s after those as well.Do they mean they are different gear ratios? Or the obvious just a serial #. Thanks for the input!

Reply to
jgrant