90 Accord Tie Rod Ends

Well, I've got the driver's side new upper control arm on, the strut off, and the steering tie rod end out but not off.
My question is, how do the tie rod ends come off?
The replacements are threaded just like the originals, but I can't get the old one loose.
Does it have normal threads or is it reverse threaded?
I'm using two adjustable wrenches here; maybe a Vice-Grip would be better?
Will I have to use heat to loosen it?
Thanks.
dw
I'm using a Haynes manual, hence the questions.
nospam wrote:

--------------------------
Exploded parts diagrams are at www.slhondaparts.com, but maybe not old enough for your model . . There is another site too . .
Who knows it?
'Curly'

Normal threads. But *rust*...*does*... do things to manipulability.

Jeez. Adjustable wrenches? Buddy, this is not your kid's swing set. Get a proper tool kit or leave this to the pros. Adjustable wrenches are TOYS.

Sometimes, yes. Got a torch? No? Get one.

Haynes is good for a fireplace. Makes good kindling.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I recommend paying $4 for a can of the penetrating oil "PB Blaster" and spraying it on the threads, especially at the interface of the male and female threads. It will soak into the seemingly inaccessible space via capillary action and break free a lot of the rust. It's miraculous stuff.
I checked the steering section of the Accord manual at http://www.honda.co.uk/car/owner/workshop.html but couldn't find detail on the outer tie rod ends. I always thought they just unscrewed (right hand thread) with maybe at most a lock nut having to be loosened first.

www.autozone.com has the Chilton's manual (free online) for your car, too. Chilton's for one reproduces much of the Factory Service Manual these days.