90 civic spark plug wire

Looking for help into why one spark plug wire on my 90 hatchback keeps getting push off the plug thereby causing the cylinder to miss. Already replaced the wires and checked the torque on the plug. Maybe someone has a clue cause I'm at wit's end. This problem started recently. The car has

125k miles is a 4 speed and other than this runs great, but this has become a pain in the butt because I have to pull over and push the plug wire back in. I even tried a hose clamp and it still comes off. Thanks in advance Lou
Reply to
L. Ayende

==========================

PRESSURE is forcing off the plug wire, so replace the plug(s) and torque it correctly, or replace the seals inside the spark plug tube, or replace your PCV. You might start with the plugs, then PCV, since it often gets neglected, and can screw up your GAS MILEAGE $$$$$$$$$

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

sounds like you have a crossed thread - "torque" will not detect that. reinsert the plug so it seals and everything will be fine.

Reply to
jim beam

Yet another possibility...

The plug wires have an air vent built into them to allow for the air to expand and contract inside the small chamber where the plug connects to the wire. It could be the case that this air vent is plugged up. Thus, when the air warms up, it pops the plug wire off the plug. Note that I would check the spark plug seal first and if that checks out ok, check the air vent.

Eric

Reply to
Eric