90 honda accord electrical problem - fixed

I posted last week about my 90 accord electrical problem. After a rain windshield wipers, oil light, parking light, and various buzzers went on and off at random. When wipers turned on, even pulling the fuse
didnt shut them off. My mechanic said he didnt do this sort of electrical problem.
I found a one man shop to look at it. Left lower corner of windshield leaked. The control unit by the drivers kick panel was wet. The circuit board had mold and rust. Fixed windshield leak and replaced control unit and problem is fixed. (I hope. Its supposed to rain tonight so I will find out.)
I didnt know there was an electronic control unit. Given the weird symptoms I am surprised no one in this group suggested the control unit.

It's called the ICU (Integrated Control Unit). It manages a whole pile of miscellaneous electrical stuff. Honda has in recent years given the ICU even more jobs to do, and has renamed it the MCU (Multiplex Control Unit).
Your post is interesting in that it explains how a device normally well-shielded by weather could become damaged by moisture: Rust in the windshield pinchweld.

When did you post your original message? I don't remember seeing anything. And you've started a new thread rather than updating the old one, so the old thread (wherever it is) is now broken for future Googlers.
A bunch of minor, but weird electrical glitches is often the ICU. The FAQ even has a page on that.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ