90 honda accordWindshield wiper sliping on pivit driver side.

both pivot the iwiper arm are worn smooth. Tightening nut just slips. How to change pivot?? I looked at Monark and it looks very complicdated. How to remove and replace pivot? I tried Locktite, no luck. Any tricks??

Reply to
road apple

road apple wrote in news:181120101854193543% snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

It's not that hard, actually.

If you remove the plastic cowl molding, the wheelboxes (which is what the pivots are called, AFAIK) will be exposed. Your two unbolt as a set. Just pop the linkage off the wheelbox assembly, and pop-in the new wheelbox assembly.

Brand-new is about $200 at the dealer, so I suggest getting one from a wrecking yard, or "auto recycler" as they're known these days. You might even be able to pick up replacement arms from the same car the wheelboxes came from. Wrecker parts will be a LOT cheaper!

Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
waybel