90 Honda loose windshield wiper arm

The nut on the driver side wiper arm has come loose twice. Once it tangled with the other arm and screwed up both blades at $10 each. This time I put a drop of locktite on the threads and we'll see if that
holds it.
Bob

How are the splines? Are they stripped? Stripped splines will allow rotational movement of the arm, and eventual loosening of the nut.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
On 04/05/2010 06:47 PM, Tegger wrote:

that's pretty much inevitable after the first time. if he's lucky, replacing the arm and correctly tightening the nut will fix it. if not, he's got to replace the pivot too.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

I think I'll see how the locktite works fitst.

the splines are pretty well worn

You might try some judicious application of a small triangular file to the splines. Carefully try to dress them up a bit.
DaveD

Thanks to all for your thoughts.
Bob