90 Integra stalls

After about 15 mins car stalls and will not start for several hours, Cranks good no spark. I think its either the ignitor or coil. Coil resistance tests ok. Should I take a chance on this cheap ignitor?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Ignition-Module-ICM-1993-02-Civic-Accord-NEW-USA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ350384592955QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1104wt_1165
They are over $200 at the dealer.
May also try resoldering the contacts.

When you crank and the engine will not start, does the tach needle jiggle even the tiniest amount, or is dead-still?
--
Tegger

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:35:46 +0000, Tegger wrote:

iirc, dead still not 100% sure tho, will check next time

If the tach needle is dead-still, then the igniter is bad. If it jiggles even the tiniest bit, then the problem is the coil or something else.
Any codes in the ECU?
--
Tegger

On 08/20/2010 11:36 AM, Tegger wrote:

sorry dude, but the tach needle doesn't move on either my civic or my crx - so i don't think that's a great measure of whether it's working. the best measure of whether the igniter unit is working is to take the thing out and test it per
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/igniter-operation/off-car-testing.html
while the manual says it can be tested in vehicle, i've not found this to be so reliable since some igniters fail in a way where it still gives output - but on the wrong signal.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum