90 Integra stalls

After about 15 mins car stalls and will not start for several hours, Cranks good no spark. I think its either the ignitor or coil. Coil resistance tests ok. Should I take a chance on this cheap ignitor?

They are over $200 at the dealer.

May also try resoldering the contacts.

Reply to
Mat

Mat wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nowherexcv.net:

When you crank and the engine will not start, does the tach needle jiggle even the tiniest amount, or is dead-still?

Reply to
Tegger

iirc, dead still not 100% sure tho, will check next time

Reply to
Mat

Mat wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nowherexcv.net:

If the tach needle is dead-still, then the igniter is bad. If it jiggles even the tiniest bit, then the problem is the coil or something else.

Any codes in the ECU?

Reply to
Tegger

sorry dude, but the tach needle doesn't move on either my civic or my crx - so i don't think that's a great measure of whether it's working. the best measure of whether the igniter unit is working is to take the thing out and test it per

while the manual says it can be tested in vehicle, i've not found this to be so reliable since some igniters fail in a way where it still gives output - but on the wrong signal.

Reply to
jim beam