90K tune up

I have 2001 Honda Civic with about 88K. I was looking at maintainence manual and it recommends lot of things to be done at 90K. (Transmission Fluid, Spark Plug replacement etc etc)
My question is what would be approximate cost of this whole thing? Also is it better to get it done from a dealer than say a local mechanic?
Thanks in advance....
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Without the whole list, an estimate isn't going to happen...
As for dealer vs local mechanic, it doesn't matter, as long as the mechanic is reputable and competent, and as long as they use the right fluids. For instance, Honda Transmission fluid is a must...

I have to agree with Joe, you need to make sure that the local mechanic is competent. One thing is for sure, the local mechanic will or should be cheaper compared to the dealer. :-)
Good luck. Frank
On Jul 16, 2:38 pm, "http://www.ClubPlug.net - Your Source for Online

I am looking for Transmission fluid, Coolant, Brake Fluid, Oil/Filter Change, and Spark plugs. The dealer I called said the 90K service would be about $500. I think thats exhorbitant. I called my local mechanic and he quoted approx 200-250 bucks.
Is it recommended to have original fluids like coolant and transmission fluid etc?
Thanks All

You have to know your local mechanic is competent with Honda products and fluids I would check several dealers in your area , as there are dealers ,and then there are dealers.
I have an `02 Camry but I drive 20 miles out of my way to Hogewoning Toyota to have it surviced in Brantford Ontario, rather than in Ancaster or Hamilton Ont. where I live.
I KNOW this dealer is fair and he knows the vehicle .And does good work to boot.(I know ~!!!!having worked on my cars all my life before I got too old and crippled.)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes. AAMOF, I would recommend OEM on everything you listed, except for the Oil and Filter. The other fluids are a must, as are the spark plugs (for the most part)... If they can't get OEM plugs, use NGK.