91 Accord EX driver side door won't open--how do you get inside it to open it??

I believe the latch is broken, but attempts to take the door panel off have failed--how do I take the interior panel off to get to the broken parts??
Do I need a diagram?? Does the front seat need to come out first?? The dash covers a portion of the front panel--is there a screw hidden behind that--if so how do I get to that?? Any help and asdvice is GREATLY appreciated--Sliding over thte passenger side and crawling through the driver windo w has gotten old.......... Thanks in advance for any and all help!!! Mick