91 Honda Accord Oil leak Problem

Hi,
My 91 Honda Accord seems leaking oil from the cap.I can see the oil splash all over the engine surface, particullary near the cap. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Have the valve cover gaskets ever been replaced?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

help? do you want someone to come over and clean it up for you? or do you want a suggestion on how to fix it?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

With age, the cap gasket gets compressed and hard, and it is difficult to keep it tight. Get a new cap from the dealer, about $20.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

What can also happen (now that I think of it) is the valve cover nut gaskets going missing. Have you had the valve cover removed recently?
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Or they harden and do not work properly, leaking oil. (I forgot this one, too!)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There's a rubber gasket in the cap that seals it to the valve cover, refer to part #6 in this diagram http://tinyurl.com/ykd2fh . On older cars, these often become hard and brittle and fail to seal. If you haven't had a valve adjustment in a while, usually every 30 K miles, then it might be a good time to get that done and replace all of the gaskets, #'s 3, 4, & 9. In the case that your valve adjustment was recent, then it could be leaking because sometimes mechanics will try to reuse the old parts even though their not in serviceable condition.
Eric