'91 integra ls - are the clutch pedals suppose to be stiff on this car ?

Something that has always troubled me on this car is the clutch pedal.
The clutch pedal is very hard to push compared to almost any other standard car i have driven.
I have looked at it several times thinking something was wrong with it or it was being obstructed some how with crimped/binding cable or some spring installed where it should not be etc....
has anyone had any experience with the clutch on this '91 time period Integras being stiff or difficult to press ? are those cars clutches suppose to be that way ?
by stiff i mean like pushing on the brake to come to a stop stiff.
contrasted with my '93 honda civic if my civic's clutch on a scale of 1 - 10 stiffness/resistance range where 0 = drops to the floor and 10 = won't budge my civic would be a 2.5 and the integra would be about a 4-5
thanks for any helpful replies
robb

How much of the threaded rod is sticking up above the adjusting nut?
--
Tegger