92 accord AC

AC not working in 92 Accord. Holding charge, appears that the compressor doesn't kick on when the switch is pressed. Any ideas?

Shredder wrote:

Could be overcharged. System will respond the same.
'Curly'
A common problem on these units is a bad low pressure switch. Unless you have recently had is serviced and had a chance to overcharge, I would suspect this.
Shredder wrote:

You can jump the switch to test if it's working. Probably not a good idea to leave it jumped if's bad. It's there for a reason, most likely to protect the compressor. On a '91 DX it's on the drivers side someplace near the canister with the viewing glass.
I tried jumping my sensor years ago to see if there was too little gas for the compressor to work. When jumped the compressor worked. I then filled the system (converted to r134a) and worked fine for a few more years when I had to refill again. It's not worth it for me to fix such a small leak on such an old car.