92 accord AC

AC not working in 92 Accord. Holding charge, appears that the compressor doesn't kick on when the switch is pressed. Any ideas?

Reply to
Shredder

Could be overcharged. System will respond the same.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Reply to
NWF_Snake

You can jump the switch to test if it's working. Probably not a good idea to leave it jumped if's bad. It's there for a reason, most likely to protect the compressor. On a '91 DX it's on the drivers side someplace near the canister with the viewing glass.

I tried jumping my sensor years ago to see if there was too little gas for the compressor to work. When jumped the compressor worked. I then filled the system (converted to r134a) and worked fine for a few more years when I had to refill again. It's not worth it for me to fix such a small leak on such an old car.

Reply to
NomoreRGS