92 Accord clutch won't disengage

My understanding is the only possible reason for this failure mode is the hydraulic system is malfunctioning. The mechanic I took it to claims that the clutch itself needs replacing. How is it possible for
the fork/throwout bearing to fail in this way? I did not notice any fluid leaking anywhere but I could imagine the internal cylinder seals have failed. The clutch pedal does not 'catch' anymore after an inch of movement was what I noticed first when the problem happened.
Thanks

unknown) Acura - the clutch disc, instead of having shock springs, had a rubber piece. The rubber started crumbling and pieces jammed the clutch.
My son's '94 Integra clutch started screeching and dragging when he pressed the pedal, and we found one of the shock springs had chewed through its retainer and was jamming against the pressure plate or flywheel - I forget which. So it can happen, but it isn't exactly common.
If the cylinders are failing the fluid level will have dropped. How does that look? In any case, if the cylinders are original this would be a good time to replace them - they are at their life expectancy, I'm sure. Simple and affordable enough, and worth a shot.
Mike

The clutch won't DISengage?
Then a spring has worked loose and is jammed between flywheel and friction disc.
Read this: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/clutch/index.html and look at the pics about 3/4 of the way down.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
Have someone monitor the clutch slave cylinder while you depress the clutch pedal, the actuator should move, this will tell you if the hydraulics are working.

Grahame wrote:

Clutch master cylinder was first on my 94 GSR.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik