92 accord shift problems

Hi, Today while driving home in my 92 accord with 130.00 miles on it the transmission seemed to slip out of gear. D4 light would switch back and forth a couple of times to D3 and finally settle into D3. I don't think the trans is in limp mode because if I put it into D3 and leave it it shifts normally through the gears. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Doug

Reply to
doug

Most obvious: Check the tranny fluid per the owner's manual and tell us whether it's smelly, and what color it is when you wipe it on a white sheet of paper. How full is it and when was it last changed (and where).

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

Reply to