92 accord shift problems

Hi, Today while driving home in my 92 accord with 130.00 miles on it the transmission seemed to slip out of gear. D4 light would switch back and forth a couple of times to D3 and finally settle into D3. I don't think the
trans is in limp mode because if I put it into D3 and leave it it shifts normally through the gears. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance, Doug
doug wrote:

Most obvious: Check the tranny fluid per the owner's manual and tell us whether it's smelly, and what color it is when you wipe it on a white sheet of paper. How full is it and when was it last changed (and where).
'Curly'
I checked the fluid and it is the right color and smell. The fluid has always been changed at the proper service intervals (30,000 miles)by a reputable service center. We had the discussion about proper (Honda) lubricants when I first started to use them for servicing my accord.