92 Civic - Clock resets on start

Everytime the car is started, the dash clock will reset to 1:00. At first, I thougt is was the battery (which was almost 5 yrs old), but the car battery replacement had no effect.

This is not a HUGE problem, as the car has gotten up in years, but if I can determine how to fix it - that would be great. This is the only problem with the car.

Who has an idea?

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian Clifton

There are two power wires that go to the radio, one that is hot all the time that keeps the clock running and one that is only hot when the ignition is switched on. The always-hot wire is dead on yours.

The radio will work if just the switched wire is working, but the station presets and the clock are dropped every time you turn off the car. Probably a fuse. Check all the fuses, especially anything marked "radio backup", which is usually in the underhood fuse box on older hondas.

Reply to
E Meyer

he has the dash clock that's seperate from the radio. maybe you should just get on ebay to look for a replacement clock or call a dealer and ask them what could be causing that. normally the clocks in hondas last the life of the car. if it did happen to go bad you can also go to a junkyard to look for one.

Reply to
Jeff