92 Civic Exterior Handle

The Exterior passenger handle on my 92 Civic does not close after it is pulled to open the car. i have taken the interior panel apart, but I do not know what it is i am looking at. have consulted a chilton's
manual but again baffled. Any suggestions?

Have you tried any type of lubrication on the handle?