92 Civic Front Crank Seal

I replaced the timing belt and water pump 23K ago. The front crank seal started to leak 10K ago. Should I wait until the timing belt has 50K on it to go in and replace all three at the same time.

the inside surface of the timing belt, which could deteriorate it prematurely. Afraid the safe thing to do is to replace the seal and belt soon... the pump should make it to the next belt change just fine.
Mike
Is this something I should try or take it to a pro.

Jasper wrote:

excellent. if a change of brand fixes the problem as it did for me, you won't need to change anything.
I just change from penzoil 5w-30 to valvoline maxlife syn 5w-30.

You switched from conventional oil to synthetic, and the front seal starts leaking? That sucks eggs.
From my reading synthetic is said to possibly be behind such leaks. Leak incidence after switching to synthetic is rare. Though this could just be a coincidence. Can't say, Still, it buttresses my decision not to switch my 91 Civic to synthetic oil.
If you can change the timing belt, you can change the seal. Though Jim's suggestion sounds worth trying.
Post back if you want tips on the seal. A guy named Eric walked me through dealing with this seal a couple or so years ago, and I know where this is in the archive.
Are you certain the leak is at the seal, and not, say dripping down the engine's sides from a failed valve cover gasket?

No...the leak began awhile ago...just changed to synthetic last week...the drip is only coming off the front above the oil pan mating surface...the oil pan and valve cover are leak free.
wrote