92 Civic --- headlights slow to turn on

The headlights on my '92 Honda Civic EX are slow to turn on when it is below about 35F. I start the car, switch on the headlights and nothing. They usually come on about 10 seconds later. Once, they
turned off while driving down the road --- not good! Is this likely the headlight solenoid, or could it be a headlight switch issue?
Thanks.

It's the headlight switch ("combination switch") contacts.
Work the switch on and off rapidly a dozen times or so. That seems to help.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ