93 Accord clunking sound from front end

Hi:
I have a 93 Accord EX 5 spd, it got 230k miles on it. Recently the front end gives a clunking sound when passing a bump and with steering turned at the
same time. If steering not turned seems fine. I took it to Pepboys, the mechanics there couldn't fine anything wrong. They claimed to have checked suspension, steering and drive axels. It sounds like something loose, also happens when I turn and brake. Any of you have similar experience?
Paul
suspect ball joints or tie rod ends

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Sounds like one or more of the CV joints is going bad. Are the rubber boots covering the axles intact? If they're torn or split even a little bit, dirt and other contaminants have gotten inside the CV joint, and it's only a matter of time until it fails. If it does, you'll be stranded. I probably wouldn't trust Pepboys' judgment - get it looked at by a reputable independent shop if you don't want to go to a dealer.
Dave
Paul wrote:

less. I just replaced the boot on his left shaft because it was leaking.     I have seen the bushings on the stabilizer links make noise even though they are not yet broken.     Take the car to someone who specializes in Honda's. They know what to check, and how to fix it right the first time. bob