93 accord, left running, stalled, will not start again, help

please help!! i have a 1993 honda accord. i bought it off a ladie who started it went in the house and forgot she left the car running, when she returned it had stopped and it has not started again since. it did not run out off gas.i pulled a plug and did a spark test and it does not have any spark. it cranks over OK put will not fire. what do you think?

Reply to
mcgyversteve

Not a lot to go on, but the major suspects for "no spark" are few. Read over the whole "Starting/Running problems" section at

for a good run-down. I favor the ignitor having failed (because it happened to my daughter's '93 Accord), but I wouldn't rule out the coil. Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

=================================

You won't get spark if the timing belt broke. Easy to check by looking into the oil filler hole and spin the engine.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

My experience in this matter is all detroit steel, but every time this has happened to me, it was a coil.

The ignitor seems to be sort of common for the Hondas, so I would inspect both...

Reply to
Joe LaVigne

mcgyversteve wrote in news:953828_ snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

When you crank, does the tach needle jiggle a teeny tiny bit?

If NOT, the igniter is shot.

If YES, the coil is bad.

Reply to
Tegger

the timing belt is good, any more ideas. i need some type of trouble shooting procedures.

"motsco_" wrote: > mcgyversteve wrote: > > please help!! i have a 1993 honda accord. i bought it off a > ladie who > > started it went in the house and forgot she left the car > running, when > > she returned it had stopped and it has not started again > since. it did > > not run out off gas.i pulled a plug and did a spark test and > it does > > not have any spark. it cranks over OK put will not fire. > what do you > > think? > > > ================================= > > You won't get spark if the timing belt broke. Easy to check by > looking > into the oil filler hole and spin the engine. > > 'Curly'

Reply to
mcgyversteve

Does TeGGeR's test of watching the tach show the tach jumping or just lying there?

Also, see where this leads you:

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Did you get it fixed. I just saw this question. I had the same problem. It is a simple fix but if it is working no need to go into it.

Joel

"mcgyversteve" wrote: > the timing belt is good, any more ideas. i need some type of > trouble shooting procedures.

Reply to
joelp37

i did temporarly get it fixed. i bought another distridutor from ebay and put it in and the car started right up. i drove it about 3 miles and it ran great! pulled in the driveway, reached for the key to shut it off, before i even touched the key it died and would not restart. i check for spark....no spark again! please let me know what you did for your car!! Thank you thank you.

"joelp37" wrote: > Did you get it fixed. I just saw this question. I had the > same problem. It is a simple fix but if it is working no need > to go into it. > > Joel

Reply to
mcgyversteve

How old are the plug wires? A new set might just be what you need.

Reply to
Thom

You might try changing out the spark plugs. It worked for me when my 84 Accord overheated.

Reply to
Don in San Antonio