93 accord, left running, stalled, will not start again, help

please help!! i have a 1993 honda accord. i bought it off a ladie who started it went in the house and forgot she left the car running, when she returned it had stopped and it has not started again since. it did
not run out off gas.i pulled a plug and did a spark test and it does not have any spark. it cranks over OK put will not fire. what do you think?

the whole "Starting/Running problems" section at http://tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#startrun for a good run-down. I favor the ignitor having failed (because it happened to my daughter's '93 Accord), but I wouldn't rule out the coil.
Mike
On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:43:41 -0700, Michael Pardee wrote:

My experience in this matter is all detroit steel, but every time this has happened to me, it was a coil.
The ignitor seems to be sort of common for the Hondas, so I would inspect both...
mcgyversteve wrote:

You won't get spark if the timing belt broke. Easy to check by looking into the oil filler hole and spin the engine.
'Curly'
the timing belt is good, any more ideas. i need some type of trouble shooting procedures.
"motsco_" wrote: > mcgyversteve wrote: > > please help!! i have a 1993 honda accord. i bought it off a > ladie who > > started it went in the house and forgot she left the car > running, when > > she returned it had stopped and it has not started again > since. it did > > not run out off gas.i pulled a plug and did a spark test and > it does > > not have any spark. it cranks over OK put will not fire. > what do you > > think? > > > ================================ > > You won't get spark if the timing belt broke. Easy to check by > looking > into the oil filler hole and spin the engine. > > 'Curly'

there?
Also, see where this leads you: http://tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html
Mike
Did you get it fixed. I just saw this question. I had the same problem. It is a simple fix but if it is working no need to go into it.
Joel
"mcgyversteve" wrote: > the timing belt is good, any more ideas. i need some type of > trouble shooting procedures.
i did temporarly get it fixed. i bought another distridutor from ebay and put it in and the car started right up. i drove it about 3 miles and it ran great! pulled in the driveway, reached for the key to shut it off, before i even touched the key it died and would not restart. i check for spark....no spark again! please let me know what you did for your car!! Thank you thank you.
"joelp37" wrote: > Did you get it fixed. I just saw this question. I had the > same problem. It is a simple fix but if it is working no need > to go into it. > > Joel

How old are the plug wires? A new set might just be what you need.
joelp37 wrote:

when my 84 Accord overheated.

When you crank, does the tach needle jiggle a teeny tiny bit?
If NOT, the igniter is shot.
If YES, the coil is bad.
--
Tegger