93 Accord Radio

I have a no name radio/Cassette player which no longer works. The back speakers died a couple of years ago followed by the front left 6 months ago and now the front right has started to work intermittently. I have checked the actual speakers and they are all OK. There is no output on the terminals for the 3 speakers at all. Is it worth getting it repaired or should I buy a new or used radio? Thanks. If you reply by email please change the first "a" to"r." and remove the obvious bit.

Alan C

snipped-for-privacy@nspmsympatico.ca

Reply to
Alan Combellack

I recently replaced the stock radio in my '93 Accord for the same reason. The sound was cutting out intermittently in the left front and was on the verge of it in the left rear. Apparently, the problem is faulty electronics in the head unit (which is actually made by Alpine).

I put in an aftermarket Sony unit and it actually sounds better than before; all the original speakers work. I am nowhere the level of DIY'er that some in this newsgroup are, but I replaced the unit myself using instructions I found here:

I also had to buy a wiring harness and dash mounting kit ($30 total at Canadian Tire). Overall, it took me parts of two days to complete the task.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Reply to
Alan Combellack

No problem. Good to hear you got it working again.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit