'93 Accord Transmission problem.

Hi everyone, I hope you can provide me with some basic direction on this problem. My daughter has a '93 Honda Accord LX with approx. 250,000 km (155,000 miles)
on it. It has been running great. Today she inadvertantly threw it into PARK when it stalled briefly and she lost the power brakes for a short time. I'm not sure how fast she was going at the time but she says it was less than 5 miles per hour. Unfortunately now it won't go into reverse. The transmission is making a "grinding" noise like two gears that won't quite mesh. It runs fine in all of the forward gears. We will be taking it into the shop tomorrow to figure out the damage but I thought I'd post a preliminary message and see what you think and what I should expect tomorrow. Thanks much for any advice and information. Gary

I can't guess without looking at the transmission. I just wanted you to get estimates from the Honda dealership and at least two local transmission shops. When you get estimates, ask whether or know the transmission will be replaced for free for at least a year if it develops problems. I believe that Aamco offered a lift time warranty on any transmission that is replaced.
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
Thanks Jason. I'll have a quote on Monday. G.

buy a used one and have it put in. it will be alot cheaper than paying to have it rebuilt. look on ebay motors. find a good mechanic that will do it for cheap. she may have trashed the one in the car.
-jeff

"algae" wrote: > Hi everyone, > I hope you can provide me with some basic direction on this > problem. My > daughter has a '93 Honda Accord LX with approx. 250,000 km > (155,000 miles) > on it. It has been running great. > Today she inadvertantly threw it into PARK when it stalled > briefly and she > lost the power brakes for a short time. I'm not sure how fast > she was going > at the time but she says it was less than 5 miles per hour. > Unfortunately now it won't go into reverse. The transmission > is making a > "grinding" noise like two gears that won't quite mesh. It runs > fine in all > of the forward gears. > We will be taking it into the shop tomorrow to figure out the > damage but I > thought I'd post a preliminary message and see what you think > and what I > should expect tomorrow. > Thanks much for any advice and information. > Gary
Well...when i sold my 94 accord...it turned out that the transmission was recalled a long time ago =\ (i sold in december)
so im not sure if 93 is the same...

Try this site: alldata.com also: www.ahm-ownerlink.com www.nhtsa.com
--
NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO