93 civic hot engine does not restart

93 civic with ~200,000Km. The engine would not restart , or start and stall immediately, after it is warmed up. I need to wait about 3~5 min before being able to restart and go.

It happened twice recently. We stopped at the bank ABM for 5 minutes and came back out , the car started but stalled immdiately. Tried several time to start but no go. Decided to wait for a bit and it started fine. The battery did not seem to be the problem as it cranked over well and the weather is hot and dry.

Did anyone experience this before ? Where should I start to look for problem ? The fuel line corroded and was serviced in January this year. The corroded part was cut off and replaced with a rubber line, since it was not high pressure.

Thanks for the help...

Reply to
momo

"momo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

Ready everybody?

All together now!

"It's the .......!"

Reply to
TeGGeR®

fuel filter???? that is what i would gues but i am not sure i havent had tat problem but i would guess the fuel filter

Reply to
true_playa via CarKB.com

Ooh! ooh! I know! The main relay

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

"Michael Pardee" wrote in news:VPmdnaLLU5zNoj3ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@sedona.net:

A gold star for you, young feller.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

. . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY

. . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY

. . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY

. . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY . . . . . . MAIN RELAY

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

"'Curly Q. Links'" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@interbaun.com:

You seem to be stuck. . That's better.

Gold star to you too.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

"momo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

Hey, we're not making fun of you. It's just that this is the #1 problem with any Honda. Reports of this peak in the summer months.

The Main Relay lives under the dash, above the hood latch. The solder cracks over time, creating the symptoms you feel. You can repair if you know how to solder, or replace at about $70.

See here:

TeGGeR®

New game show on the Speed Network. bob

Reply to