93 Civic rattle - turning and engine start

After a garage changed my timing belt a couple of months ago I have noticed a rattle coming from the passenger side (left hand side) of my UK 93 Civic LSi. It occurs at about low speed only about 10-20 mph when turning right mainly and when the engine is warm and I start it up there is a quick rattle then it goes. I think it's too late to take it back to the garage to expect them to fix it for free.

Revving the engine is smooth and doesn't rattle so I don't think it's an engine problem.

I thought it might be the engine mountings but they look OK on initial inspection. I know my suspension bushings are worn but if it was them it wouldn't rattle on engine start. If it isn't the engine mounts could it be one of the CV joints?

As usual any ideas appreiciated!

Reply to
timtech

----------------------------------

Search: heat shield rattle / buzz at

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

If it was the heatshield it would rattle all the time not just when turning?

Reply to
timtech

I jacked up the back today and checked the suspension - my trailing arm bushings are cracked and look worn out - maybe this is it?

Reply to
timtech