93 Civic - window regulators

Just curious about the 'typical' life expectancy of a manual window regulator.

My driver's side window was FUBAR when I got the car three years ago, and was at least partially workable until a few months ago.

I (foolishly) replaced the glass run channel first, at the suggestion of my local body shop guy, who thought nothing was wrong with the regulator (wrong answer), then found a regulator out of a junked '94 which has been working flawlessly for me.

Anyone out there still using their original driver-side regulator? The dealer wants $150 for a new one ...

Reply to
madmanguruman

timtech

I have a 95CX and have had to replace the driver side as the window kept falling off in the door.Got a used one for $10 on a local internet group.Yup dealer wanted $150 for it(Canada,Ottawa). So far so good.

Reply to
Uncle BuB