93 Civic - window regulators

Just curious about the 'typical' life expectancy of a manual window regulator.
My driver's side window was FUBAR when I got the car three years ago,
and was at least partially workable until a few months ago.
I (foolishly) replaced the glass run channel first, at the suggestion of my local body shop guy, who thought nothing was wrong with the regulator (wrong answer), then found a regulator out of a junked '94 which has been working flawlessly for me.
Anyone out there still using their original driver-side regulator? The dealer wants $150 for a new one ...
Still have the original regulator on a 93 (UK) Civic - it kept hopping out of the channels and getting stuck but a liberal spraying of silicone lubricant on the seals fixed it - make sure you take out the speaker so you can get access to the bottom of one of the channels.
On 2 Oct, 19:19, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have a 95CX and have had to replace the driver side as the window kept falling off in the door.Got a used one for $10 on a local internet group.Yup dealer wanted $150 for it(Canada,Ottawa). So far so good.