93 hatch civic washer tank removal

Just out of curiosity, is it really necessary to remove the bumper to change the tank. I don't want to mess around a bumper where the screws are badly rusted. I have a leak somewhere either the with tank itself or the pump or tubes. If was to be just the pump or tubes, can I get to it from under the car. I read the manual, page 23-251 for those who have it but it's very general info. There is a plastic protector like thing to prevent mud and road stuff to enter the engine bay so I presume that if I remove that I would see the tank. Am I right.

Or should I let a pro do it for me.

thanks all

Reply to
Frank