93 Honda Accord Headlights Shutting Off Intermediately

I'm have a really random problem with my 1993 Accord. The headlights have recently started switching themselves off intermitently. Sometimes it's caused by a bump in the road, other times for no aparent reason at all. I'm
assuming that the headlight relay is going bad or the switch in the steering column stem is going bad. I also experienced the infamous engine cranking without starting on severl random occasions this summer. I've been told that it is caused by a faulty "main relay". Any chance these two problems are related and that main relay also switches the power to the headlights? any suggestions are welcome before I rip the car apart and start buying and replacing parts that are not broken?

resoldering the main relay eliminates it as a problem source,and doesn't cost anything.( if you already have the tools,like any other auto job) I believe the main relay is not associated with the headlight circuit. A new relay is at least $50 if not more.
www.tegger.com for main relay info.
You could have a corroded ground for your headlight circuits. Or a loose connector somewhere.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik