93' honda civic, 4dr, need more power!

Im looking all over for help on this. I just bought a 93 civic 4 dr, and it is slower than hell. I did a tuneup, wires, plugs, oil, lube ect.... She
wants to go but it isnt working. Ive put a new muffler, dist cap on as well. I cant find any problems that could cause it.
I have tried to put on an open air intake and that seems to make it worse. Ive been hearing they are a pain in the butt to get more power out of it but I know there is a way, if anyone has any suggestions im open and could really use the help...
Can you clarify what you mean by wanting "more power"? Are you trying to boost it from its out the factory doors, design power? Or are you saying that its not even getting the design power?
Also, how many miles are on this car?
Are you using OEM parts? Are you using the plug brand recommended in the owner's manual (probably NGK)?

welp, it has 67k miles on it. Pretty much i guess what im trying to do is just get more overall pickup, but not to the point of running on a track. It seems like its getting what it was designed for, maybe a little less. But it cant even get out of its own way. So anything i would need to do im guessing would have to be aftermarket. And it had ngk plugs in it, they were still clean, but i just got bosch 2+ today and it seems about the same. Im comming from a 93 plymouth laser to this car, so maybe im just expecting too much out of it im not sure.
wrote

Stick with the NGK plugs. You can google this newsgroup and rec.autos.makers.honda for a lot of derision poured upon Bosch plugs.
OEM parts for the ignition wires and distributor cap and rotor are important for optimum performance, based on my own experience and others' here.
http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/index.html is a good resource. It has a section on running problems that talks about the risks of not using OEM for the ignition parts, among others.
Doing everything listed at http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id11.html is a good idea, too.