93 prelude piston in caliper wont compress

93 honda prelude S (non - vtec)
the break pads need to be replaced but a c-clamp wont push the piston in to fit the new pads.. ive attached a hollow pole to the c-clamp
attachment but even more leverage wont make it budge... does this mean i need a new caliper or is there a different way i can get the piston into the caliper?
I had a 89 Prelude. I use C-clamp to push the piston back. I tried the same thing on my 93 Accord, it won't move at all, almost break the c-clamp. When I read the service manual, I noticed it described to use a pair of need nose pliers to twist the piston and turn, and it worked. Don't know about the prelude. But are you following the service manual?
Paul
"Paul5" wrote: > I had a 89 Prelude. I use C-clamp to push the piston back. I > tried the same > thing on my 93 Accord, it won't move at all, almost break the > c-clamp. When > I read the service manual, I noticed it described to use a > pair of need nose > pliers to twist the piston and turn, and it worked. Don't know > about the > prelude. But are you following the service manual? > > Paul
i am following a chiltons manual paul5.. apparently it doesnt tell you just everything you need to know.. do you know of a better manual that i should be using?
thanks alot for your help u guys :)