94 Accord

The service light came on and stayed on (no flashing, etc.) in my son's 94 Accord - Firestone didn't have the right connector to plug in to his car and diagnose the codes. Now the other service light is on, too - again, steady on, no flashing - the car seems to be running fine - any suggestions before I send him to the dealership?

Reply to
Texas Yankee

I'm confused - are they the "service due" light and now the "check engine" light?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Go to Autozone. They will read the ODBII codes for free for you.

Reply to
Thom

----------------------------------

Yeah, and write the CODES down, not just the 'interpretation'.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

"Texas Yankee" wrote in news:0bVfh.3837$LL4.3210@trnddc04:

Your car is NOT ODB-II, so nobody will be able to pull any codes using an OBD-II reader.

Instead, you need a sophisticated piece of hardware known as a "paper clip". You use the paper clip to short two pins together in the Service Check Connector to make the Check Engine light flash.

See here:

page 15. Report the code(s) back here.

As for the other light, it must be the Maintenance Required lamp. You can reset it here:

Tegger

motsco_ wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

except that OBD-II didn't happen until 1996,he has a 94 model;OBD-I

all he needs is to jumper the two-pin connector(near ECU) and the ECU wll flash the codes at the CEL(check engine light).

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I couldn't tell from the diagram in the reference manual - does the diagnostic connector plug have just two pins that I short out with a paperclip, or are there more than two pins - if so, which pins get shorted to get the codes. THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP!!

Reply to
Texas Yankee

"Texas Yankee" wrote in news:qwdgh.3464$IO5.2993@trnddc01:

Dig out the connector and look at it. It's only got two pins.

Reply to
Tegger