94 Accord

The service light came on and stayed on (no flashing, etc.) in my son's 94 Accord - Firestone didn't have the right connector to plug in to his car and
diagnose the codes. Now the other service light is on, too - again, steady on, no flashing - the car seems to be running fine - any suggestions before I send him to the dealership?

I'm confused - are they the "service due" light and now the "check engine" light?
Mike
Michael Pardee wrote:

Go to Autozone. They will read the ODBII codes for free for you.
Thom wrote:

----------------------------------
Yeah, and write the CODES down, not just the 'interpretation'.
'Curly'

except that OBD-II didn't happen until 1996,he has a 94 model;OBD-I
all he needs is to jumper the two-pin connector(near ECU) and the ECU wll flash the codes at the CEL(check engine light).
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Your car is NOT ODB-II, so nobody will be able to pull any codes using an OBD-II reader.
Instead, you need a sophisticated piece of hardware known as a "paper clip". You use the paper clip to short two pins together in the Service Check Connector to make the Check Engine light flash.
See here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/misc/3173_ICCR_E_14JAN03.pdf specifically page 15.
Report the code(s) back here.
As for the other light, it must be the Maintenance Required lamp. You can reset it here: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/maintenance-reqd-light.html
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I couldn't tell from the diagram in the reference manual - does the diagnostic connector plug have just two pins that I short out with a paperclip, or are there more than two pins - if so, which pins get shorted to get the codes. THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP!!

Dig out the connector and look at it. It's only got two pins.