94 Accord idling high

Got a 94 Accord,2.2L with manual trans.Engine rpm's can race to 2000 when engine is hot and while driving in stop and go traffic.Seems to coincide with the warmer wheather and air going into the throttle body
as it seems to be fine while highway driving.I know the IACV is working properly when first starting the car but can it stick when the engine is hot?Map sensor?~thanks

Could be low coolant level or air in the cooling system. The coolant is not covering the coolant temp sensor properly,so the ECU gets bad temp data,.....
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Is it fluctuating between high and low?
First, with the engine COLD, remove the rad cap. Is the coolant right up to the top of the rad filler neck? If it's low, top up, fill the reservoir as needed, and see if that helps the idle. If not...
With the engine fully warm, remove the air pipe from the air cleaner to the throttle body. Start engine. With idle high or fluctuating, block the LOWER port in the throttle body with your finger. Does the idle settle down? Then it's the Fast Idle Thermo Valve, under the throttle body.
--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ

Thank you all for your insight.I'll give it a go tomorrow.