94 accord leaking transmission oil? help!

What could cause 94 honda accord to leak transmission oil all of a sudden? I parked in one spot, later on, when I came out & backed out of the parking space, i noticed small pool of transmission oil(redish color
liquid) on the ground where my car used to sit. What could cause this? What could be the problem? Is it going to cost alot of money? Is this transmission fluid or some other fluid? I can still drive but it does feel a little strange...seems to stall sometime a little before accelerating.
earthlink wrote:

atl.autos.honda.psychicwednesday, get under the car and see where it's leaking from. also tell us whether you've had any work done to the vehicle too - like driveshaft replacement. or even being sure whether it's your car at all!

Good point - once I came out to where our Volvo was parked and found most of a quart of transmission fluid on the ground. Apparently it was a prank.
Mike
I went under the car and saw it was leaking from between the front wheels. A few inches toward the passenger side from the middle. It's coming from my car for sure. Nobody parks there but me. Thanks.
jim beam wrote:

I am the 2nd owner and previous owner told me that he had a "transmission job" done for around $1,000 back in around 1999. I don't know anything about driveshaft replacement. I don't think he did though. I am not sure what that is.