94 Accord LX (5spd) - clutch shifting

Hi,

A month ago some of you helped diagnose a problem my daughter was having with her accord. You rightly diagnosed a low Hydrolic fluid condition and the master cylinder was replaced leaving her car working perfectly.

Now she is reporting recent "clutch slipping" immediately lafter shifting. It did it rarely a week ago bot started happening more recently. She notes that the RPMs run up a bit high for a short time after a shift. Once again - this car is too far away for me to come up with a better description and I'm hoping somebody in this group will recognize the symptoms and point us in a direction so she has some ideas before she goes to the next step.

Thanks for any information

Reply to
zrexrider

Classic case of a worn out clutch. If she continues to drive it that way, it could leave her stranded. Plan on replacing the clutch disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bearing, and you may be wise to have the flywheel turned by a machine shop. The last item is dependent on flywheel wear or heat caused by clutch slippage. Bad things start happening when driving with a worn out clutch. Good luck.

Reply to
duckbill

Thanks - yes she has stopped driving it and it will be taken to the mechanic soon. I just like to bounce the symptoms off the smart guys in this group and have an idea what she might be getting into.

Thanks

Reply to
zrexrider

Reply to
Matt Ion

Some recent information - she had her mechanic look at it. Of course they didn't notice the slipping when they test drove it (damn cars!). But they bled the lines and told her the clutch looked fine (can you look at the clutch that easily?).

She has the car back and it just did it again. I guess the troubleshooting information now includes - "clutch seems to slip sometimes and after warmed up". Any new ideas?

Thanks,

duckbill wrote:

Reply to
zrexrider

Yep - I've never known a worn out clutch to get better, even for a moment. It must be in the control again.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee