'94 Accord most stolen car again

That's 4th year in a row: <http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/20/autos/most-stolen-cars/index.html
Here I am keeping my '94 Accord mainly because it's worth more to me
than its market value. Yet, thieves still value it more than many more expensive later models. Beats me why they want to steal something that has such a little value out there. Is it for the parts?

Yes. And because it doesn't have an immobilizer, so it's easier to steal than newer cars.
--
Tegger

On 8/26/2012 7:20 AM, Tegger wrote:

That's why I've had a sophisticated Clifford security system installed in it after I bought the car. It also has an immobilizer. Of course it could still be stolen with a tow truck.
On 08/26/2012 12:04 PM, cameo wrote:

last couple of old hondas i've had used to have those systems installed, but they had been bypassed simply and successfully - presumably because they either stopped working or the owners had lost keys, etc. either way, they appear to be pretty much ineffective since the wiring that it takes to get them installed can be uninstalled just as easily. i know it didn't take very long to cut the remnants out of my last one.
as for theft, yes, it's for parts. the f22 engine is a fave for a cheapo honda hotrod.
--
fact check required