94 civic died

my 94 civic ex died on me yesterday. i was stopped at a light and as I preceeded to move foward the car died. this car is an at, but it reminded me of when i was learning to drive a 5 speed and the engine
would stall and die, but without the bucking. I tried to restart it several times with the motor turning over evenly, but never igniting. I have tested the spark plugs with the motor turning over and got no spark. Since my garage is currently filled up with a dragster my civic is in the driveway and it is raining. When it stops raining I'm going to check the fuel pressure. What else should I check out? Has anyone else been through a simular situation?
How old (miles and years) are the igniter and ignition coil? The probability is high it is one or the other. This problem comes up a lot here.
If it is not restarting at all, I'm betting it's the igniter.
See http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#chugga for assistance in checking these.
Also, a free online manual for your Civic may be had at www.autozone.com . This manual also gives checks you can do on the igniter and coil.

Sounds alot like the Igniter...atleast it solved my problems when I had the same symptoms as yous. Good luck
wrote

Thanks, it turns out it was the ignition coil. all better now. thank you very much
Elle wrote:

While you are at it,you should check out Tegger's MAIN RELAY repair info;when hot weather is coming,this can cause a brief start,then die(due to loss of fuel pressure),and just crank without starting,until the relay cools enough for the cracks to make connection,and then the car will start and run normally.
The relay costs $50 or more,but can be opened and resoldered.It's under the dash on the driver's side,usually on the side of the footwell. It's VERY common to Honda/Acura products.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
" snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" wrote:

Quickest thing to check is the Timing belt first. Open the oil filler, look at the cam lobes with a flashlight, spin the motor for a second. You won't wreck anything else if you've already been trying to spin it. (Lobes should move)
'Curly'