'94 Civic EX ABS Light Always On ... any ideas?

I have a Honda Civic 1994 EX 1.5L VTEC and the ABS light is always on from ignition start to ignition off - all the time the car is running.
This started about a week ago with it going on and off at no specific times
when I was driving about and now it's been on steady for almost a week. I've checked the brake fluid levels and pumped on the brake pedal for another week of driving but no joy ... anyone know of how to resolve this problem?
All help appreciated.
Regards, PK
(If this requires some sort of electronic diagnostic device then any suggestions on which one to get is also welcome - so far I've been lucky enough not to have to troubleshoot any significant car problems.)
PK wrote: | I have a Honda Civic 1994 EX 1.5L VTEC and the ABS light is always | on from ignition start to ignition off - all the time the car is | running. | | This started about a week ago with it going on and off at no | specific times when I was driving about and now it's been on steady | for almost a week. I've checked the brake fluid levels and pumped on | the brake pedal for another week of driving but no joy ... anyone | know of how to resolve this problem?
Tegger has a link to it from http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/faq.html#brakes - http://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/tt/tt100410.htm
(it says pre-94 Honda/Acura, but my Chilton's, which goes up to '95, lists essentially the same procedure and has the same codes as are listed at the end of the article)

tomb,
many thanks, I had come across Tegger's link in my travels but that's very useful confirmation to know the codes are the same.
Thanks, I'll try and get through these steps and see where it takes me.
Regards, PK