94 civic - rear exhaust joint leak?

I am having a problem with the new exhaust on my 94 4door civic LX - it's a stock replacement walker system.
The rear pivot joint in front of the rear axle leaked a lot, even with a new
donut and spring bolts. We ended up using exhaust goo to seal the joint. We also had to toss the springs and bolts in favor of threaded rods - no more exhaust leaks but now we get vibrations since it is a solid connection.
What's the solution? The retailers claims he never had a complaint on that model before. He offered me a replacement donut gasket, but it was exactly the same as the other new one, so I didn't take it. Rocky

Walker main pipe I installed was a little too long past the flange - once they cut it to the proper length and installed a new gasket, it is fine now.
Thanks for the inputs Rocky......I have just purchased a Walker muffler from Advance Auto with a lifetime warranty. I will match it up against the stock muffler on my daughter's 98 Civic before installation to check for length. The OEM muffler lasted a little over 8 years.

The OEM replacement muffler is one-piece from B-pipe to tailpipe, and comes with a lifetime warranty. you never checked that out, did you? You'll be lucky to get two years out of the Walker.
Aftermarket exhausts are a poor choice unless you need to get the car safetied cheaply before unloading it.
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
what is the price of the oem unit? I will be needing an exhaust for my Pilot and if the oem is competitive I would rather not buy Walker again. Rocky

For your Pilot, eighty bucks. Not kidding.
www.slhonda.com
--
TeGGeR

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
I looked at the Walker Muffler and it indeed looked a little longer than the old Honda one. So, I went to AutoZone and purchased a Maremont OE Replacement Muffler ($100 with lifetime warranty) and it looks identical to the Honda OEM to include mountings. I became concerned because I did not realize the connection between the B Pipe and the Muffler had a flex joint. All three mufflers are one piece, but the AutoZone one is a dead ringer for a Honda Muffler. It installed very easily (.5 hour job). The Walker goes back to Advance tomorrow. Rocky, thanks again, and Tegger you really made me look at the Walker with a much more critical eye. Thanks.