94 Prelude Prelude - Gearshifting on a manual

when changing gears in my prleude, i get this cranky feel and sometimes it's really a struggle switching gears on high revs (4000 +). How can i solve this problem Please ...

Reply to
Silkyjigga

-------------------------------------

Since manual transmissions run on MTF, when did you last change the Manual Transmission Fluid?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

make sure you have the clutch properly adjusted to get _full_ disengagement. and learn the natural speed of the box. you can't hurry the shift - the synchro won't let you. as curly says, make sure you use the correct mtf.

Reply to
jim beam

Another thought . . The clutch fluid is supposed to be changed every time you get your brakes done, but maybe it hasn't been changed (or even topped up) in a few years? read the manual for interval and inspection method.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

It's possible that your clutch isn't completely disengaging. I'd suggest bleeding your clutch lines to make sure there is no air in them getting in the way of pressure on the clutch pedal making it to the clutch plate.

You may also want to check to see if your master and slave clutch cylinders are in good shape.

Hope this helps.

-Spiffy

Spiffyguido