94 Right front "something snap" tire/rim

what could it be??????? ball joint, axle, tie rod, top wheel seems to be in a slant right now/top tire point outward!!!! what could it be?

Reply to
davi

My guess (based on the frequency of trouble) is a ball joint. Good thing it happened at low speed, so you didn't have this experience:

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Seems to be more of a head ache than anything else...just bought the car Nov. 19, 2005....looks great, engine has great idling, runs well, owner had changed as he claims the rotors but they do look new but I think did a shitty job putting it back together!!! Paid 2,400 has 176k on it.....I should of had it check before buying it.....well, this week i'm goin to have it towed to the nearest shop in two days!!! therefore, looked at it underneath (jacked-up ofcourse) seems to be it's the bottom ball-joint is off the from the arm, it seems that the "pin" that locks up the "bolt" from balljoint gave up....so it popped-out from the arm....i set it back on it until the tow truck rolls it back on the flat bed!!! Have any idea how much it's goin to cost??? I hear the bottom ball joint is cheaper aside from the labor itself ofcourse??? fill me in about this pls...so, i would expect it....I called a shop and they said round up to $280 parts and labor plus tax.

Reply to
davi