95 Accord knocking

I've got a 95 Accord. Just last night I began to notice a knocking sound that could also be felt in the floorboards/pedals. Drivers side, feels like its coming from the axle or somewhere. Within the couple of miles to my house it went from being barely noticeable to much worse. It happens when I'm driving straight, and only when I'm not on the gas. Any ideas?

Reply to
matthewmayfield

There are several causes. I will list a couple of them:

  1. Worn CV joints
  2. Worn driveaxle bore in differential case
  3. Differential gear noise
  4. Loose engine or transaxle mounts

You may want to climb under the car to find the source of the noise or take it to your mechanic and have him or her place it on a lift.

Reply to
Jason

Jason's list is good, and I'll add that CV joints have often been the culprits when throttle-sensitive knocks were tracked down in Hondas.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

When it sounds like the wheels are going to fall off, that's what you check first. Tire iron should be in the trunk.

Stay safe.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'