95 Accord, Starting Problem

95 Accord LX 170,000 miles

The car usually starts immediately if it has been sitting for a while. At other times I have to try several times before it starts. Once running, it drives fine. But if I stop and turn it off, it is hard to start. I don't believe the fuel pump has ever been changed. The fuel filter has been changed within the last 3 years. It's a second car and not driven a lot.

Nancy

Reply to
NancyR

As I said in a similar thread a couple of weeks ago:

Reflow the solder joints on the main relay. (You'll need to do that sooner or later anyway.) Nearly free! And very possibly the problem.

If that fails, normal diagnostics apply when it won't start. Got fuel? Got spark? etc. Track it back...

FWIW, my 1991 Accord with 213K+ miles has the original fuel filter and pump.

Reply to
JRE